Many of our clients will ask, what is the difference between spa and medispa services? Though both types of services may seem similar at first glance, understanding the difference between the two is important for deciding which option is right for you.
Day Spa Services
The focus of spa services is relaxation. The spa is ideal for anyone who is looking to be pampered, find comfort, or relax for a while after a stressful work week. Many spa services offer temporary or simple skin and body solutions. Though results will vary, clients typically begin to see results within 4-6 weeks of treatment.
Spa services typically include:
- Massage– There are various types of massage depending on what areas of the body you would like to focus on. From deep tissue massage to Swedish, there is a massage service for every relaxation preference.
- Facials– Facials help give you a sense of relaxation and renewal. These treatments, including European facials and services for sensitive skin, are tailored to your unique needs and preferences.
- Body treatments– There are various body treatments that can help you recharge and revitalize your look. These spa services can include algae body wraps, sea salt scrub, and anti-cellulite treatments.
- Waxing – Waxing is the best way to achieve smooth and beautiful skin. Waxing gently removes hair from the face, legs, arms, bikini, eyebrows, and other areas of the body.
Medical spas, or medispas, are a hybrid between a medical clinic and a day spa. Medispa services are designed for individuals who need to treat skin and body conditions such as wrinkles, brown spots, redness, and broken capillaries. All of the services offered at these facilities are performed by experienced estheticians and supervised by highly trained and specialized medical professionals.
Service menus at medispas will vary from facility to facility. However, clients can typically receive the following services:
- Laser hair removal– This can be done on various areas of the body, including underarm, bikini, legs, arms, face, and lips. Prices will vary depending on the hair removal area and these services require maintenance for best results.
- Injectables– Services like Sculptra, Botox, and Juvéderm® help women and men restore the beautiful, youthful look to their skin.
- Permanent makeup– Natural looking permanent makeup is a convenient way for women to feel confident and look their best around the clock.
- Specialty services – Medispas also offer other specialty services such as micropeels and microdermabrasion on the face and other areas of the body. These facial and body treatment services are perfect for those who want to see results beyond the typical spa facial.
At Bellezza, we offer the best of both worlds. Our talented and experienced team of professionals provides typical spa treatments such as massage, facials, body treatments, and waxing. We also offer medispa procedures such as laser hair removal, injectables, permanent makeup and other specialty services. Contact us today for more information or to book an appointment with one of our spa professionals.